Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Calling

Have you ever been so still and actually heard Jesus speak a soft sweet whisper into your ear? What an amazing voice He has! Goosebumps! I heard Him speaking to me a few months ago, but through the business of life I wasn't quite sure what He was saying! Finally, He caught my attention via a sermon at church on 'the fish and the loaves'! These are the exact words I heard..."Our little becomes more than enough in the hands of Jesus.".. If Jesus can use 12 men to feed 5 thousand people and have way more leftovers then what they started with..what could He do with me with my hands open, ready and willing to serve? I can't wait to find out!!! 

Then what do you say to God when He asks more of you than you can imagine..hopefully say yes to Him! Honestly, I worried and doubted right away! Rachel prayed about going to Africa with me and when she heard Jesus calling her I was extremely excited, but I'm not going to lie..I had NO idea how God was going to get 2 of us to Africa for a month! Then once again Jesus spoke these words to me..."Jesus sometimes calls us to do the impossible!"
Out of my little He has already given so much! What an exciting journey we as individuals and a family are on!
We'll keep you updated with our adventure and hopefully you will be as blessed as we are!

1 comment: